Friday 13 August 2010

End of August

If you read my Pick of 2010 blog, you'd know I have four films on the list I want to squeeze in at the end of August. I just couldn't decide so I left it up to Rotten Tomatoes. Here is what they say.



Scott Pilgrim vs The World
Fresh Tomatoe 79%
Reviews Counted:109

Fresh:86
Rotten:23
Average Rating:7.4/10
Consensus: Its script may not be as dazzling as its eye-popping visuals, but Scott Pilgrim vs. the World is fast, funny, and inventive.



Salt
Rotton Tomatoe 58%Reviews Counted:166

Fresh:96
Rotten:70
Average Rating:6/10
Consensus: Angelina Jolie gives it her all in the title role, and her seasoned performance is almost enough to save Salt from its predictable and ludicrous plot.


The Human Centipede (First Sequence)
Rotton Tomatoe 47%
Reviews Counted:66

Fresh:31
Rotten:35
Average Rating:5.1/10
Consensus: Grotesque, visceral and hard to (ahem) swallow, this surgical horror doesn't quite earn its stripes because the gross-outs overwhelm and devalue everything else.

Piranha 3D
N/A
(Unreleased)





I seems clear to me that Scott Pilgim is the obvious choice. Then I'll watch Salt and perhaps rent The Human Centipede on DVD in a few months. Piranha is one to watch if I get an extra few quid and nothing to do one weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment